Sunday 16 March 2008

Skymasters champion

Won the first Skymasters challenge at the outdoor show in Birmingham. Amazing climbing through 30+ metres of roof and Kalymnos style tufas! Arrived on Saturday with no expectations and no pressure found myself in first place for Sundays final!

Then there was some pressure! Being the last out i knew that people had got close to the end but no one had topped it! My usual route tactic of go go go seemed the order of the day and get into the hands off rest in the tufas to try and recover before a sprint to the end! i have never been so pumped in my life and not fallen off! Pure adrenaline pulled me up the last moves feeling the crowd willing me to the top, i latched the finishing jug and knew i had won, amazing! the last competitor out and the only one to the top. oh and a bit richer to boot!

Check out my pumped forearms!

No comments: